Roslindale Village Walking Map

Roslindale Village Walking Map

Hills and dales are the setting for the Victorian residential neighborhoods and the commerce comprising Roslindale Village. Once hilly farmland traced by rural roadways, Roslindale is now in the midst of the urban area. Generous green spaces, hills and narrow streets keep traffic from overwhelming most village thoroughfares, allowing quiet enclaves for daily life.

Roslindale was largely a rural area when annexed to Boston in 1874. The major thoroughfare was the Post Road (now Centre Street) between Boston and Dedham. Washington St. was laid out in 1804 as the Dedham Turnpike, with tolls paid along the way. Taft’s Tavern stood on the turnpike at what became Roslindale Sq.

Click for “Roslindale Village Walking Map” PDF
Comments are closed.